[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Message body size limits? (Bigger Problem)
- To: mhonarc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Message body size limits? (Bigger Problem)
- From: Jym Dyer <jym@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:53:29 -0800 (PST)
- In-reply-to: Message from Tom Hutchison of "Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:25:44 EST."
- Organization: #Occupy Whose Streets?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: mhonarc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Google should be shot, maybe Yahoo too since almost every
> single message that is blank is from Yahoo.
=v= GMail has led the way in making content more unreadable,
(thereby breaking parsers), first by altering the message
body to replace consecutive spaces with 8bit nonbreaking
spaces, which of course triggers quoted-printable encoding;
then by unnecessarily encoding a whole lot of characters,
newlines in particular.
=v= Yahoo! Mail has for years been pretty brilliant about
compatibility, but the last upgrade copied GMail and done
the same thing to newlines.
[Index of Archives]