Re: permanent link

[I completely missed this message; sorry for late reply]

On July 24, 2009 at 05:04, Nick van der Meijs wrote:

> I would like to know how to enable the 'permanent link' feature for mhonarc.
> An example is in the following link:
>
> http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=mhonarc-users&i=20030910030
> 6.h8A36hn15434%40gator.earlhood.com

This is actually done by the mharc, <http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/>,
scripts.  The underlying search index (namazu) is used to
provide the permanent link capability.

There are other methods to achieve the same effect if not using
the mharc scripts.  Such methods require custom coding and maintaining
some custom database that maps a message-specific unique identifier
to where the message has been archived.

--ewh