Re: MHonArc and Cyrus-imap

Earl,
Here is an example (main folder, plus one of the subfolders generated by the Sieve filter), showing that Cyrus folders contain files which are not messages but Cyrus administration, which must be ignored by MHonArc. My application (archive search at http://linmodems.technion.ac.il) needs those messages which are filtered into subfolder "grab".

[phep2] /home/goldberg > ls -al /var/spool/imap/w/user/winmodems/
total 124
drwx------  5 cyrus mail  4096 Jun 22 18:50 .
drwx------  3 cyrus mail  4096 Jun 19 17:16 ..
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  5111 Jun 22 03:32 28.
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail 17085 Jun 22 03:48 29.
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  4532 Jun 22 17:08 30.
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  5448 Jun 22 17:52 cyrus.cache
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail   155 Jun 21 21:51 cyrus.header
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail   256 Jun 22 17:52 cyrus.index
drwx------  2 cyrus mail  4096 Jun 23 02:12 grab
drwx------  2 cyrus mail  4096 Jun 21 21:51 linmodemslist
drwx------  2 cyrus mail  4096 Jun 22 17:48 tests
[phep2] /home/goldberg > ls -al /var/spool/imap/w/user/winmodems/grab
total 104
drwx------  2 cyrus mail  4096 Jun 23 02:12 .
drwx------  5 cyrus mail  4096 Jun 22 18:50 ..
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail 10747 Jun 21 22:25 1.
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail 14326 Jun 22 23:01 2.
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  5442 Jun 23 01:17 3.
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  6498 Jun 23 02:12 4.
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  5972 Jun 23 02:12 cyrus.cache
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail   155 Jun 21 22:25 cyrus.header
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail   316 Jun 23 02:12 cyrus.index

Using MHoNArc, I was getting, for the main folder, six files when expecting 3. It took me some time to understand why default -mhpattern '^[^\.]' was not doing the job, because I had no experience with Perl patterns. For ignorants like me, time would be saved if the Quick Install or full Documentation would explicitly give that example of mhpattern necessary
for Cyrus folders.

Jacques