Re: Poll: Should mhonarc.org mail archives hide mail addresses

which needs to be traded off against the problems of not hiding those addresses. That we might choose to publish our addresses among ourselves as members of this list doesn't mean we have to post those addresses on the front door for any random person to access, and limiting access to those addresses so that non-members can't access them doesn't mean access has to go away for members as well.

I don't see many people posting their cel phone numbers on their home pages, but that doesn't preclude you from giving it to people you know. Keeping your phone number frmo telemarketers and keeping your e-mail address from the spammers are suprisingly similar actions, except we've generally always been circumspect about phone numbers and open about e-mail addresses. Times change, however...