Re: Sort / Refomat Archives ??

gac wrote:
I am at the stage where I want to reformat display and sort the
messages. I have tried the following combinations of commands but the
display in my browser never seems to change:

    /path/mhonarc  -sort -add -outdir /path/archive  /path/inbox
    /path/mhonarc  -sort -reverse -add -outdir /path/archive
/path/inbox
    /path/mhonarc  -reverse -add -outdir /path/archive  /path/inbox

My environment is MHonArc v2.6.8, Perl 5.006001 linux and the output
from the execution of the above commands is:

    Reading database ...
    Adding messages to /path/archive
    No new messages

Since there are no new messages, no index pages are rewritten. To enforce a rewrite, try the -editidx option.

Note that -sort is default.

Additionally, when I try running the following I get a "segmentation
fault":

/path/mhonarc -rcfile /path/date_mrc

I don't think that's a valid set of arguments. If you want to update the database with changed resource file settings, you'd better include the -rcfile option when you are adding messages, or when you are changing your archive with -editidx.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson