File attachments with -single switch?

I occasionally use MHonArc on Windows XP to convert a single message to
HTML for display.  This seems to work pretty well, except that
attachments don't seem to be handled correctly at all.  For example, if
I have a message containing a JPEG image, the resulting HTML contains:

>image</p>

When I hover over this link, it displays as

file:///C:/TEMP/.\jpg00016.jpg

In fact, this file doesn't exist anywhere that I can find, and that's
not even a valid file path for Windows.

Any clues?  Have I failed to set some vital configuration parameter?

Thanks,

-pd

--
--------