Re: Beginner General Questions

On July 26, 2003 at 19:29, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> Earl Hood wrote:
> > With the @INC printed out, you can examine it, in order, to see
> > which mhamain.pl is being loaded.  The error indicates that you
> > need to examine the file, but you need make sure you are examining
> > the file that Perl is trying to load.
>
> Okay, that's a point. But to serve that purpose, wouldn't it be better
> to print %INC rather than @INC (or maybe both...).

I am not sure.  %INC is the hash that tells you what external files
have been loaded via 'use' or 'require'.  If you do a complete dump
of %INC, it could be quite large depending on how many modules have
been loaded.  Also, it is not clear if %INC will include mhamain.pl
if the require fails.

I think @INC is sufficient since it gives you the actual search path,
and from that, a person can check each path for the file in question.

--ewh