Re: How to keep Javascript intact?

Earl Hood wrote:
> See the MIMEARGS resource along with MIMEFILTERS.

Thanks Earl and Gunnar for the pointer.

I can now see Javascript in the archived message but the comments
within the script are still stripped out (please see below for an
explanation why the script + comments are not a risk in this case).
I can't figure out how to use both 'allowcomments' and 'allowscript'
in MIMEArgs. I tried

<MIMEArgs>
m2h_text_html::filter; allowscript allowcomments
</MIMEArgs>

and

<MIMEArgs>
m2h_text_html::filter; allowscript
m2h_text_html::filter; allowcomments
</MIMEArgs>

but neither preserves both the script and the comments within.

How do I enable both these arguments to the filter?

Also, should I add the default - m2h_external::filter; inline - to
the MIMEArgs or is it OK to include just the ones above?

> BTW, I would advise against using Javascript in HTML mail.  Any
> security conscience user would have Javascript disabled for HTML mail,
> so any scripting you include in your message would be ineffective.
>
> Also, it is a security risk.  If you must enable scripting, make
> sure you can trust all the people that are able to post to your
> list.  Otherwise, you open up your archive to XSS exploits.

I should have clarified in my original post that this is a
newsletter i.e. only I can post to the list. Since it is a read-only
list, these security risks are not really a concern. On my
discussion list, I allow only plain-text email - no HTML, no
scripting and no attachments. Thanks for the concern though.

Regards,
Harshal

--
 http://www.mumbai-central.com : Where Mumbaikars meet