Re: Tool to split huge archive before using MHonarc

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Kevin McCann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use MHonarc to process a huge 50meg file of mailing list
> messages that go back to 1995. Before doing so I'd like to break the large
> file up into separate monthly files in the form of YYYYMM. Are there any
> fairly recent, stable tools that will do this? I tried an old program called
> "spmail" but it craps out with a segmentation fault.

Sounds like a job for Procmail! With a large file, try separating
by year, then month, etc. but depending on your machine, you might
be able to do it all in one whack.

--Paul

--
William J. Broad: "The crux... is that the vast majority of the mass
of the universe seems to be missing."