no recognized part ?

I think some of my emails are basically getting skipped during parsing.  I checked the output log and I see this (intermixed with unrecognized character sets):

“No recognized part in multipart/alternative; will try to decode last part”

could this be causing it?  And how would I capture a better error log (like say, something about the email that it failed on)

--chad