Re: mhonarc 2.5.0 infinite loop on index creation?

On November 12, 2001 at 13:12, Jason Molenda wrote:

> I upgraded sources.redhat.com/gcc.gnu.org to mhonarc 2.5.0 on
> Sunday.  I host around 150 mailing lists on this site.  It looked
> like everything was OK for a short while, but it's gone haywire
> today.  Every time a note is added to a mailing list, mhonarc
> generates all the index files, and then regenerates them ad naseum.
> I'm looking at a mhonarc that's running in the gcc-patches November
> directory with 700 messages, and it's been generating indexes
> continuously for the last half an hour.

Do you have a reproducable test case?  What do you exactly mean
by "generating indexes continuously for the last half an hour?"
By chance, are you using the OTHERINDEXES resource?

> I don't _think_ this is due to a configuration problem on my end.
> I've been using mhonarc for the last three years without incident.
> My .mrc files are on-line here.  I've been upgrading through the
> 2.4.x series, and until yesterday I was running 2.4.9.
> 	http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/infra/ml-archiving/

Are you using any custom filters?  The MIMEFILTERS API changed, but
I would doubt it would cause the problem you are experiencing.

> If I can provide any more information, please let me know.  This
> system has a lot of mailing list volume and I'm anxious to fix
> this.  Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Not at the moment.  Can you provide links to the resource files
that you use?

--ewh