Re: How to make more apparent the links to attached files?

On October 3, 2001 at 17:40, Vincent Borghi wrote:

> MY PROBLEM:
> Such links to attached files are not very visually distinguishable
> from the rest of the text, and sometimes users do not even
> realize there is attached files (notably when the text ends with
> a huge or complicated signature), and may miss important information.
>
> I read docs and FAQs and cannot find the mean to customize
> the tags that surround these links to attached files (strange,
> because apparently many things are customizable). For example,
> I would like to make an icon appear in front of the clickable
> file name (always the same unique icon, whatever mime type is involved),
> or to implement a specific font to display the file name, or things
> like that, that could make presence of attached files more apparent.

See the MIMEFILTERS resource documentation.  There is a `useicon'
option to the m2h_external::filter filter that will leverage the ICONS
resource for displaying an icon along with the link.  An example
of clearing the default filter arguments and setting your own:

<MIMEArgs override>
m2h_external::filter; useicon inline
</MIMEArgs>

--ewh