Re: MHonArc Development Status

Earl Hood

I did same modifications to allow the message header field Auto-Submitted: to be accessible from the main file mhonarc.

By the way, do you know how to identify messages from lists like this mhonarc@ncsa.uiuc.edu list?

In the main file, after the mhonarc message processing, I call a function - mha_post() - for post processing. From inside this function I check the field  Auto-Submitted:.

I use my post processing function to call an anti-virus to check the files just converted by mhonarc and to send an confirmation message back to the sender.

I use the 2.4.7 version.

Will have to much changes in the mhonarc, mhinit.pl and mhamain.pl files??

If you want I will send you the files I changed.

But see bellow ...

In the mhonarc file I add:

 MAIN: {
     unshift(@INC, 'lib');      # Should I leave this line in?

     require 'mhamain.pl' || die qq/ERROR: Unable to require "mhamain.pl"\n/;
     mhonarc::initialize();
     if(mhonarc::process_input()) {
>>        require 'mh_mha.pl' || die qq/ERROR: Unable to require "mh_mha.pl"\n/;
>>        mhonarc::mha_post();
     }
     else {
        exit($mhonarc::CODE);
     }

In the mhinit.pl file I add:

        %From           = ();   # Message indexes to froms
>>      %Auto_Sub       = ();   # Campo Auto-Subimitted - ROBERTO 08/12/2000

In the mhamain.pl file I add:

SUB read_mail_header{  . . .

>>    ##---------------------------------------------------------##
>>     ## auto_s EXTERNA - ROBERTO sex dez  8 12:41:45 BRST 2000  ##
>>     ##---------------------------------------------------------##
>>    $auto_s=$fields{'auto-submitted'};

    ##------------##
    ## Get Msg-ID ##
    ##------------##
    $msgid = $fields{'message-id'} || $fields{'msg-id'} ||
             $fields{'content-id'};
    if (defined($msgid)) {

  . . .

sub doit { . . .

>>      $Auto_Sub{$index} = $auto_s; #### Auto-Submitted: ROBERTO 08/12/2000

  #### EVERY TIME AFTER THE LINES:
  ####                          if ($index ne '') {
  ####                             ($From{$index},$Date{$index},$Subject{$index}) =
  ####                                 ($from,$date,$sub);
  ####
  #### TOTAL 3 INSERTIONS OF $Auto_Sub{$index} = $auto_s;