Re: "Unrecognized character set: windows-1252"

At 11:40 PM +1300 12/26/00, Will Bryant wrote:

>So to summarise, you need to do two things to stop warning messages
>about unrecognised character sets: add it to <CharsetConverters>
>(http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/charsetconverters.html)

><CharsetConverters>
>windows-1252;   mhonarc::htmlize;
></CharsetConverters>

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm finally getting around to trying to
implement them. A couple questions:

1. If I do the above, does that add windows-1252 to the default
CharsetConverters setting, or does that become the entire
CharsetConverters setting? I don't want it to stop doing any
converting it already is...

><MIMEFilters>
>message/delivery-status;   m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
>message/partial;           m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
>text/*;                    m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
>text/enriched;             m2h_text_enriched::filter;   mhtxtenrich.pl
>text/html;                 m2h_text_html::filter;       mhtxthtml.pl
>text/plain;                m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
>text/richtext;             m2h_text_enriched::filter;   mhtxtenrich.pl
>text/x-html;               m2h_text_html::filter;       mhtxthtml.pl
></MIMEFilters>

2. You included the above just to be complete, yes? Since there are
only two things to do? It would work just to keep the default
MIMEFilters?

>and also modify your <MIMEArgs> for text/plain to add the 'asis' option.

><MIMEArgs>
>text/*: maxwidth=80
>text/plain: maxwidth=80 asis=windows-1252:iso-8859-15
></MIMEArgs>

3. This part I understand, I just wanted to make sure about the
CharsetConverters bit. Thanks again,

Bob