Re: Headers stripped out?

> > It would be nice if you could hit "View|Source" in the browser and see
> > the rest of the mail headers rather than having to trawl through
> > thousands of single messages looking for the missing info.
>
> If you mean scanning raw messages, that is what grep is for.  If
> you have the message-id, you can just grep for it over the raw mail
> files.
>
> As for mhonarc and headers, in the special comment declarations, the
> only headers that are preserved are the ones needed for database
> reconstruction.

I'm not sure what grep is, but even so, that still means you have to
keep all the raw messages which seems a little unfortunate. The few
lines of text the headers consume does not seem like a lot of overhead
(to me) for the benefits it gives.

One of the reasons I'd like to delete the raw messages is that I'm
having to use -single with -mhpattern, and it's causing a performance
hit. MHonArc has to parse lots of messages to determine which ones are
new.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)