Re: Unrecognized character sets: windows-1252 -- and us-asciixxx

On December 5, 2000 at 18:37, Robert Hsiung wrote:

> >>Looking at mhtxtplain.pl, it appears the text/plain filter only
> >>keys off the CharsetConverters for "-decode-" charsets (note:
> >>CharsetConverters are used for non-ASCII encoded data in message
> >>headers).
> >>
> >>... The filter should
> >>probably be changed to key completely off CharsetConverters.
> >>
> >>In the mean time, you can comment out the warning statement from
> >>mhtxtplain.pl.
>
> OK, I think I misunderstood what you meant before. The "-decode-"
> business is complicated, so I'll just leave that to you. But instead
> of commenting out the warning statement, I think I'll try to have it
> emailed to me. That way, I'll still get them.

I've added on my recently growing TODO list to have the text/plain
filter completely use CHARSETCONVERTERS.

> BTW, I received a different warning the other day:
>
> Warning: Unrecognized character set:
> us-ascii<002101c05b35$8e6aeba0$c581e0d8@fred>
>
> Which seemed to have been generated by an email with this in the header:

> Weird! I guess that person's email program didn't generate the header
> correctly?

Maybe, maybe not.  Can you provide me a raw version of the message?
To avoid any munging by mailers, you can tar/gz or zip up the message
and send it as an attachment.

--ewh