Re: n900 and sd card IO errors

On Thu Sep 26 17:18:32 2013 green <greenfreedom10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> joerg Reisenweber wrote at 2013-09-13 06:45 -0500:
> > Electrical properties of MMC interfaces are not all the same. A card
> > that   seems to work in one reader may fail in another.
> > And a card that once worked fine may start to act up when the card's
> > electrical   properties change due to aging.
> > The N900 also might age, try a new card of roughly same type in N900
> > and see   what results you get.
>
> I went back to an older RiData 16GB card, and it is working fine for
> now.   However, I experience filesystem corruption multiple times with
> that card in the N810.   Also, the SanDisk 32GB works fine in *other*
> readers.   Apparently, SD cards are inherently unreliable.

Because opening back cover on n900 automatically disconnect sd card slot (which means that kernel cannot flush buffers back to card), filesystem on sd card is always corrupted.

So correct solution before opening back cover on n900 is to call sync and umount - to be sure that filesystem is consistent.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx