Re: broken n900 communication error

Thank you,
the paper trick seems to work. If I wasn't that scared to loose my phone I could had figured that out by my self.

On 08.05.2012 16:38, Paul Hartman wrote:
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Peter Binnig<peter.binnig@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi,
I'm reading this mailing list a while now, but this is my first entry so
please be gentle ;)
I love my N900 but a year ago I got the following error;
"All telephony functions, including emergency call, are disabled due to a
communication error. To recover, you might have to reboot the device."
I flashed everything on my device but the error kept returning so I figured
it must be a hardware problem.
First this happened only once a day but the time between the problems
decreased from day to day to the point where I could not use the device at
all.
First this happened only once a day but the time between went down from day
to day to the point where I could not use the device at all.
So I returned my N900 to Nokia where they replaced the mainboard. after that
I had no problems at all, but now I get the same error and the time between
the incidents gets shorter and shorter.
The biggest problem is that the warranty expired so I can't get it fixed by
Nokia for free.
Can anyone provide some help or is my cell a lost cause?
Hi,

I have not had the problem, but found this blog post with a MacGuyver
solution :)

http://geek00l.blogspot.com/2011/12/high-tech-fix-for-nokia-n900-all.html

Also a huge thread at TMO about the problem:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66870

Good luck!