Re: Dinamically changing /etc/resolv.conf (in connection with using openvpn)

Am 16.04.2012 05:12, schrieb James Brown:
> Is there package "resolvocnf" in maemo or etc.?
> I need in the next: when I use openvpn I need to have in
> /etc/resolv.conf a record indicating to dns-servers which can resolve
> dns-address of my vpn to ip and after connection - changes nameservers
> to the vpn-server's ip (for making dns-queries only through vpn).
> I intended use package resolvconf such as it
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/resolvconf but I didn't find it in
> maemo repos.

If I remember correctly I first installed the openvpn-switching applet
which pulls all neccesary packets including a kind of resolvconf.
As Thomas already wrote there is a file
/etc/openvpn/maemo-update-resolvconf then wich controls the behavior.

Friends and me are using a modified one which allows to do VOIP-Calls
via Openvpn, please be aware that you have to install the package
libmissioncontrol-utils to use it:

https://www.zerties.org/index.php/Voip_over_zan

The corresponding config-File-example you find here:

https://www.zerties.org/index.php/ZAN_Roadwarrior_Konfiguration

Sorry for it's only in german, but if you have any questions I'll be at
your service.

CU Michael
--
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free" (Linus Torvalds)