Re: Critical and others problems with hostmode

On Thursday 29 March 2012 10:34:10 you wrote:
> On 29.03.2012 09:38, Pali Rohár wrote:

> >> Thanks. Yes, I have the bq27x00_battery driver is loaded:
> >> lsmod | grep  bq27x00_battery
> >> bq27x00_battery         6480  0
> >> power_supply            6916  1 bq27x00_battery
> >>
> >> I enabled it for purposes getting temperature as it
> >> discribed
> >> in the page "http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking";
> >> So, if I want use h-e-n I need to disable it?
> >
> > You cannot run BME and bq27x00_battery together. So you can
> > load bq driver when BME is stopped and before starting BME
> > driver must be unloaded.
>
> Thank you for that information. It is very pitty that that
> issue was not described on that wiki-page.
> As I can see after removing the bq27x00_battery module my
> device become again able to reboot (earlier the command
> `reboot` from terminal or using buttong in its menu only shut
> down my device not reboot - and I didn't know why; now it
> seems that it was from loading that module). But if
> bq27x00_battery and BME cannot run together how can my device
> was able to start?

There is problem that BME and bq driver want to talking to bq
chip via i2c bus. For security reason this cannot be allowed, but
it is possible to start BME and then load driver (in this order).
This is bug in kernel and this situation is DANGEROUS!!!

> > So normal usage is: stop BME, load bq driver.... then remove
> > bq driver and start BME.
> >
> > h-e-n gui is stopping BME, so when h-e-n is open you can load
> > bq driver, but do not forget to unload it before closing
> > h-e-n.>
> >>
> >> Thanks for your answer.
> >> But I was not strictly correct, I cannot mount it not only
> >> automatically but also using mount-button in h-e-x. I can
> >> mount only via terminal command.
> >
> > If you can mount it via terminal, automounting with new
> > version of ke-recv will work. Wait for next CSSU. If it will
> > not work with next CSSU + kp50 write me then.
>
> Ok, if it will not work I'll write you, of course.

PS: Keep CC in mailinglist too. Informations can be usefull for
other people too.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx