Re: Desktop widgets disappear

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Pavel Řezníček <cigydd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello my dear Maemo fellows,
>
> Once several days, most of the desktop widgets on my N900 just disappear.
>
> A reboot doesn't correct this (the widgets don't reappear again).
>
> I have to re-add them manually.
>
> When I re-add them, they persist after the reboot but only until the next
> accidental vanishing.
>
> What does cause this behaviour and how could I fix it?
>
> I look forward for your solutions.

Hi Pavel,

It's a response to a bug/crash in the desktop, possibly caused by
certain widgets. Desktop Clock, QNetMan, Currency Exchange are widgets
people claim will trigger this problem. I'm sure there are others.

Try to think if there was a widget you installed recently before this
problem happened and try to remove it. See if the problem goes away.

If you can't accept that, there are some scripts on a talk.maemo.org
thread about this problem that will restart the desktop and restore
your widgets so you don't have to reboot or re-add them manually.