Re: Troubles with chrooted Debian

Am 03.01.2012 01:19, schrieb Pavel Řezníček:

> Dear Michael,
>
> thank you for your kind response!
>
> I'm glad to know that running fsck before mounting is never a bad idea
>
> OK, /the SD-card may really be broken,/ that's right. I have to go for
> one and buy it (or via an e-shop) as soon as I have the time. Or, I may
> /test this old one for bad blocks./
> /
> /
> But /what was then wrong with my Debian when run from an image file/ on
> the internal memory storage (/home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2)?

That's a good point- frankly I don't know- maybe the explaination bellow
also fits for this...

> As I mentioned before, during the installation process of some more
> packages, my N900 just went off regularly. Did you any time try to
> /upgrade your whole Debian system/ ("sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get
> upgrade" without specifying a package)? This is what I actually tried a
> couple of times but always ended up in a switch-off in random stages of
> the package installation, resulting in a severe filesystem damage inside
> the Debian image file…

Ah now it is ringing: this sound like this:

"Then we'll do the dist-upgrade. Unfortunately Maemo has a very snappish
watchdog that reboots your phone if it thinks it hangs due to a runaway
process. This is almost certainly triggered when doing mayor package
installations with normal process priority. So we'll do the dist-upgrade
wit the lowest priority using the nice command:

nice -n 19 sudo apt-get update
nice -n 19 sudo apt-get dist-upgrade"

I never had this problem but maybe that is yours?

--
Die SED hat stets sämtliche gesellschaftlichen Umwälzungen und
Reformen geführt. So wird und soll es auch diesmal sein.