Re: Troubles with Installation of Community SSU

On 31/12/2011 15:46, Michael Rösch wrote:
Am 30.12.2011 23:40, schrieb Christophe Schockaert:
Hi all,

I am a newcomer on this list, and recent user of the N900 handset.
Hello and welcome!
Thank you :)
I am trying myself at the installation of the Community SSU, but I am
not able to achieve it properly.

I am following the steps described at
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU#Installation

My installed firmware is "21.2011.38-1"
At step 3, I chose "testing" for the first time.

At step 4, I see the Application Manager running, however I don't have
any "Accept" or "Done" steps to click on.

I get a notification for 10 updates (libqtm-bearer, libqtm-contacts,
libqtm-...), then I guess it's time to proceed to step 5.
Did you do this updates?
Yes. At least, I tried.... See below.
I think the wiki page is a little vague in this point:

"There are a series of installations for which it will prompt you with
messages and warnings. Click "Accept" and "Done" for each to install."

I think these are the conflicts you are mentioning in step 6- you must
agree to install all of this packages.
Being not sure, I tried to go for the installation, but none of them seems to be installed.
Basically, it says (I translate from my french terminal):
"Unable to update 'libqtm-bearer'. Conflict between application packages. Continue installation ? [Details|No|Yes]"

Then the same for the next one, and so on until the last one: 'libqtm-versit', where the only option is "Details".

So, for each package, I can continue the installation but regarding each package, the message means "package not installed". And, indeed, in the end, when I "check for updates", it gives me the same list of 10 packages...
Only if this is done there will be an Icon in the menu.
If you do not have this it cannot work because of some scripts needed.
Well, if that's the step required to trigger the install, I am stucked there !
Sorry but my own installation was last year so I cannot remember the
entire process.

HTH and happy new year!
CU Michael
Thank you for giving a try ;-)
And I wish you all a happy new year too !

Bye,
Christophe