How to copy the strings in vim to external apps?

Hello list,

This is my first post to this list :)

the vim on n900 is fine, but I don't known how to copy the text to other external apps, a way is pressing the shift key then copy the text, but it's hard to operate and can't be bound to a key for quick operation. I'm curious why registers "* and "+ don't work on n900, any other workarounds?

--
Regards,
Yue Wu

State Key laboratory of Natural Products and Functions
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China