Re: Removing mp-fremantle-generic-pr

ext Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Leandro sullo spippolino
> <lnoferin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ciao a tutti,
>>
>> now my apt seems to work fine but doing a
>>
>> aptitude dist-upgrade
>>
>> it want's to remove the package in subject
>> mp-fremantle-generic-pr
>>
>> as I can understand it is to get updates from Nokia
>> so it is possible/preferable to remove it?
>
> There won't be any more new updates from Nokia, so I don't think it
> really matters.

The mp-fremantle-generic-pr is also meant to keep your OS configuration
together: As long as it is installed, you have all the packages that are
supposed to be installed.  If you remove it, you might more easily turn
your device into mush by accidentally removing some really important
packages by later on.