Re: How can I type the | character ?

That seams helpful, although if I may, I code a lot in my N900, mostly in Go and Java.

I got used to the default way of inputing keys. Although I speak from experience when I said, if Paul says it, better yet, if it say he's got it... I would just do it blind folded.

:-)

f(t)

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Xavier Maillard <xavier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> All is in the suject. I am looking for the right keybinding to type the
>> 'pipe' character on my n900. I want this combination being as
>> application-agnostic as possible -i.e. not limited to xterm.
>
> CTRL + Function Key (Blue Arrow) + it should appear there

Remapping N900 hardware keyboard: http://wiki.maemo.org/Remapping_keyboard

Furthermore for xterm-specific usage you can change your xterm
on-screen keys or your hardware keyboard mappings to include more
useful keys like those. For example in my Xterm I have:
Ctrl Esc { } < > | %

And I have remapped my hardware keyboard so that Fn-Up is PgUp,
Fn-Down is PgDown, Fn-Left is Home, Fn-Right is End. For tab in xterm
I simply press control-i.

Customize xterm key bar:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34926

Good luck :)