Re: once upon a backup

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys I need to ask about a simple detail I've never got fixed.
> Once upon a time I did a back up, adding the applications list to it. I
> restore de backup but the Application Manager remembers that list and wants
> to install some apps that could not installed on the restore process.
> Any idea if I can delete/remove that list?

Yes, you can edit:
/var/lib/hildon-application-manager/packages.backup

Or if you want to edit your backup itself, in
/home/user/MyDocs/backups/ you'll find your backups. In there is a
file called applications.zip which contains:

Root/var/lib/hildon-application-manager/packages.backup
Root/var/lib/hildon-application-manager/catalogues.backup

They are just a simple list in an XML file. You can edit those and
then try to restore your backup.