Re: mms

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Johann Spies <johann.spies@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I could never get mms working on my phone despite having fmms and the
> correct settings which my service provider set on my phone.
> Are there any other N900 users who had success with this?

Yes, I think it works for most people who tried it based on feedback
in the forums. Some people have trouble with it, though. Configuring
it with the proper settings for your mobile provider can be tricky,
most of the big ones are in the Wiki pages, but specific settings
might different based on your mobile plan. If you have access to
another phone which has working MMS, put your SIM in it and then find
the settings that it uses, that might be the easiest way to go.

> A recent effort to receive a mms resulted (after several aborted
> connections) in a warning that I have used more than 100Mb of 3G
> connection.  That is expensive!

N900 is designed for flat-rate data plans.

Some ways to limit data usage are to disable automatic internet
connection, disable automatic update checks in gconf (see wiki),
disable automatic email checks (otherwise it will check every time you
connect, regardless of schedule). Remove widgets that access internet,
like weather, facebook, RSS, etc.

Good luck