Re: Trying (again) to set up SyncEvolution with GooSync

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been relying on NuevaSync for syncing my N900 with my Google
>> contacts and calendar which has been working fine. Now, Nueva has
>> decided to discontinue its free service and since I already have a
>> GooSync account I figured I'll try to get that to work. But, as
>> happened last time I tested this earlier this year, synchronization
>> fails. When I try to sync both calendar and contacts (as well as tasks
>> and notes) it throws an error 10500 and if I try to only sync calendar
>> or contacts it throws an error 22000. I've tried to open the logs but
>> SyncEvolution can't fins them (it says...).
>>
> I tried to sync using the CLI for syncevolution an I managed to sync
> my calendar after first overwriting the local calendar with the online
> one. Trying the same with the addressbook unfortunately only resultet
> in my local contacts got deleted. Doing
>
> $ syncevolution --status <profile> addressbook
>
> exits with the message "Comparison was not possible."

I actually got it to work now. The trick was to delete all local data
and then run syncevolution from the CLI:

$ syncevolution --sync slow <profile>

I haven't tried with the GUI app (first time I did  I ended up having
to re-delete everything and start all over again - it might be
different now and it might be that I've missed some pref) but I'm
quite happy running it like this from command line.

I seem to remember that there was some discussion here (back when I
was on my N810) about running something like cron on Maemo. Is that
possible? I would love to automate my syncing.

best,

/Henrik