Re: mbarcode trouble

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 23:25 +1100, Brian Keck wrote:
> I can't figure out how to use mbarcode on my n900.  I can save a photo
> to a file, but can't see how to extract the ISBN number or such.  I've
> never had my own barcode reader before, so maybe just ignorant.
>
> Installed packages:
>   mbarcode
>   mbarcode-plugin-ii
>   mbarcode-plugin-isbn
>   mbarcode-plugin-qrcode
>   mbarcode-plugin-webrequest
>   mbarcode-plugin-wifi
>   mbarcode-plugins-all
>
> The only on-screen buttons I get are
>
>   * exit
>   * save
>   * history
>   * settings
>
> I've run it from the command line, to see stderr/stdout ... can't see
> anything wrong ... plugins are 'Loaded successfully'.
>
> Thanks (again) for any help ...
>
> Brian Keck

It took me a few tries to figure out how to scan. Start mbarcode, open
the camera lens, and close the camera program after it opens. Align the
N900 so that the barcode shows in the main viewing window. When you have
it reasonably large and centered, tap the viewing area once or twice to
cause mbarcode to focus. After a few seconds, the barcode numbers should
show up on the right hand side window. (I've never been able to do
anything with the bar code once it was captured! The only on-screen
buttons I see are scan and Open Image. I'm running PR1.3. I don't see
any settings for mbarcode. Maybe I need to install the plugins?)

Rick B.