Re: Where to download WebOS games?

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Aldon Hynes
<Aldon.Hynes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would seem as if there ought to be some way to download WebOS apps from
> the palm Palm page
> http://www.palm.com/us/products/software/mobile-applications.html
>
> As an example, I thought I would check out the Foursquare app which runs
> under WebOS
> http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/indexd.php?packageid=com.foursquare.foursquare
>
> I'm wondering if installing Opera for Pre would work with preenv and enable
> accessing other apps.  I'm dubious, because it looks like Opera for Pre uses
> Java.  It looks like Firefox might be availble for Palm Pre so I'm trying
> that next.

AFAIK preenv is only for use with SDL programs (which are typically
self-contained games that don't rely on OS widgets etc). And even then
it is limited to programs that use libraries and functionality already
present on the N900.

I think most of the free/open-source SDL stuff on Pre is probably
available on N900 in native versions already, such as ScummVM.

There is a wiki page tracking which games work. There's about a dozen
listed so far:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/Game_Compatibility