Re: PR1.3 coming!

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Aldon Hynes
<Aldon.Hynes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Various questions:

I know you've already gone the flasher route, but I'll answer for the
sake of others who may be interested in your questions.

> Who has installed this?  Did you flash or go OTA?

OTA. Had to remove conflicts and free up rootfs space (temporarily
moved kernel-power's modules to the eMMC, that gained about 7M), then
I was good to go.

After the upgrade, rootfs space remaining is the same as when I had
PR1.2. So that's good.

> Anyone using this with power-kernel?  Is power-kernel compatible with 1.3?
>
> What sort of multi-boot capabilities are there?  I currently use the
> multi-boot package to boot between Maemo and Android.  Is 1.3 compatible
> with multi-boot?

I was using multiboot and kernel-power along with nitrdroid. PR1.3 did
not touch multiboot. I rebooted into stock kernel before installing
the OTA update.

After installing PR1.3, multiboot still works, power-kernel still
works, nitdroid still works. (I did not need to reinstall power-kernel
as I would have if I were not using multiboot)

> If you've done the upgrade, can you run
> uname -a
> and paste what the output says?

Same kernel version as before, but with an August build date.