Re: Navigation software

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 04:18:08PM +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> With the "xresponse" utility from the SDK tools repository you can check

I am thinking of following workaround for the issue:

I would like to kill the navig app as soon as the display is switched
off.

I know, it sounds a horrible workaround (but then so is the bug!), though
when I use N900 in car, I use a car charger and select the option to keep
display ON when charging. The bug usually triggers after I switch off the
car engine to get down. So this workaround will work for me.

Is there any way (preferably with bash/command line or python) to catch
the display off event and invoke a shell command such as killall to close
the app?

Regards,
Mayuresh.