Re: n900 with proxy

Hi Amit

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Amit Sethi <amit.pureenergy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all , I am trying to use n900  on a wireless . The wireless however
connects to a proxy server . I have been having a horrid time trying
to find a workaround. Please guide me as to how I can get the app
manager and browser working with proxy .

There are two main ways in which you can set your proxy:

1. Through GUI:

a. Open Settings
b. Go to Internet Connections
c. Click on "Connections" on the right
d. Select your wireless network and click on "Edit" on the right
e. Click on Next and again Next (2 times)
f. Click on "Advanced"
g. Check "Use proxy" and enter the details

You are done. This is the easiest way I can see.

2. The command line way:

Open X-Terminal and either

(a) Type the following command every time
OR
(b) Open Terminal and create a file (you will need to have "vim" or other text editor package installed) ".profile" and enter the following

export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:port/
export ftp_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:port/

You can omit the username:password, if your proxy server has no password.

Hope this helps :)

--
A-M-I-T S|S

Thanks & Regards,