Re: Cannot turn off call forwarding

On Saturday 12 June 2010 11:24:06 Tanuva wrote:
> Okay, had a look into my provider's documents and found a way to turn it
> off. It's done using some GSM codes like ##61#, which the N900 doesn't
> support, therefore I used my old 3510i and it seemed to work.
> Back in the N900, call forwarding is enabled again. Is that setting
> phone based?

No, in GSM the phone has nothing to do with call forwarding -- the network is
in control.  All the phone can do is show you the network setting, and
request the network to change the setting (which the network can choose to
ignore).

When you look in the Settings on the N900 it is showing you the current
network setting.  When you disable forwarding on the N900 it sends the same
GSM codes that you entered on your old phone.  Next time you look at the
settings the phone asks the network what the current settings are and tells
you.  The phone does not remember the settings (and is not involved in the
act of actually forwarding a call).

As an earlier reply said, if the N900 is not succeeding in changing the
settings it means your network operator is refusing to accept the changes.
You need to call your operator and speak to someone to get them to change the
settings.  It is not a bug in the N900.

Graham