Re: Searching in the app manager

On 9 June 2010 17:37, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In general I find it to be MUCH faster and easier to just go to xterm
and do "apt-cache search foo" rather than deal with application
manager and all of its monumental slowness.

That's so true.. yet isn't that manual installation via apt-get does some things slightly different than installing via app manager, hence sometimes things get broken or device isn't able to upgrade to the next major PR1.x release?

Not sure what exactly I am talking about here, to be honest, but I'm fairly sure I've seen it somewhere that installing apps via apt-get might cause trouble in long run.

--
Dawid 'evad' Lorenz * http://adl.pl

null://google 'no evil' mail has taken away my random signatures