Jabber doesn't connect anymore since Thursday

G'evening,

As the subject already states, my N900 refuses to connect to
jabber.ccc.de since last Thursday. It stopped working from one moment to
the other, just saying "cannot connect" in that yellow bar.
1. Imho a more verbose error message would simplify life extremely and I
cannot believe this hasn't been discussed before. Could you point me at
arguments I didn't find?
2. What can I actually do about it? Where may I start looking for logs?

I must admit I don't really understand yet how that IM client on the
N900 works except that it uses telepathy...

Marcel