Problems creating file association

Hello,

I want to read my openPGP (GPG) encrypted emails on my N900. I tried
clawsmail without success, I tried Icedove without success. If someone
got these running with GPG support I would be glad to discuss further
details.

As a third alternative I use modest, save the encrypted email and
decrypt it using GPG at the xterm command line. This works as expected.

To get a bit more comfort into this cumbersome process I wrote a small
shell script that decrypts and displays the file, which is given by a
command line parameter (decdisp).

Now I want to associate this shell script with files having a .gpg file
extension as well as those with an .asc extension (since encrypted.asc
is what you get as attachment for GPG encrypted emails).

I tried to follow the manual at http://wiki.maemo.org/Mime_Types/Open:

- I created the file /usr/share/applications/hildon/gpgdisplay.desktop:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.1
Type=Application
Name=GPGDecrypt
Comment=GPG decryption
Exec=/usr/local/bin/decdisp
Icon=connectivity_wlan_securitylevel3
X-Window-Icon=connectivity_wlan_securitylevel3
Categories=Utility
X-Osso-Service=org.maemo.example_libosso
MimeType=application/gpg-encryption;

- I created the file /usr/share/mime/packages/gpg-encryption.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mime-info xmlns="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info";
           xmlns:osso="http://nokia.com/osso/mime-categories";>
  <mime-type type="application/gpg-encryption">
        <comment>GPG encrypted file</comment>
        <osso:category name="documents"/>
        <magic priority="50">
               <match type="string" value="GPGENCRYPTION" offset="0"/>
        </magic>
        <glob pattern="*.gpg"/>
        <glob pattern="*.asc"/>
  </mime-type>
</mime-info>

- I executed
update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
update-desktop-database /usr/share/applications
hildon-update-category-database /usr/share/mime

- I added the following line to /usr/share/applications/defaults.list:
application/gpg-encryption=gpgdisplay.desktop

It seems that I missed some basic steps because the above actions seem
like having no influence. In modest I still get "No viewer found for
this file type". Also in the file manager I cannot open a file with a
.gpg extension.

Thanks a lot for your support,
regards,
Roman