Upgrade to PR 1.2 gone wrong

Hi all,

To be sure that upgrading to PR 1.2 was quite simple and avoid any possible issue, I waited 24 never-ending hours for the SSU. Today
the upgrade package appeared in the application manager, so I made a backup and fully charged the battery in preparation for the
installation. I installed the upgrade and it went horribly wrong. During the upgrade I happened to read a message that disappeared
quite quickly stating that some operation had failed, but then the upgrade went on (nothing in this world would make me stop the
operation). When the moment for the reboot came, the problems started: my N900 would start booting never asking for the security
code, and when starting to show the desktop, it would reboot; and the loop started again. It was impossible to power it off except
by removing the battery.

So I decided to flash the image manually in the old-fashion way. After several USB problems (which disappeared when I blacklisted
the cdc-phonet module in my PC - Thanks to the maemo wiki!), I succeeded to flash the device. Now all my applications and most of
the configurations are gone, so I'm getting ready to restore the backup I did just before starting.

I wonder what could have caused the initial upgrade to go that wrong. Any ideas? I have nothing modified in my device.

Alejandro.