Re: PR 1.2 update over the air

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 17:59 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> I updated to PR 1.2 firmware today with app manager.
>
> As usual, I didn't have enough free space on the rootfs, but the old
> trick of disabling all application catalogues to free up the space
> normally taken by apt package list caches worked fine.
>
> The update felt rather slow (maybe ~30 minutes) and a bit scary (I was
> afraid to plug in the USB cable to recharge during the process, probably
> without any good reason).
>
> All my contact icons on the desktop had disappeared after the first
> reboot into the new OS.  They reappeared after the second boot.
>
> Many of my contacts are duplicated now (apparently this has something to
> do with Facebook chat support; I remember seeing a blog post about it).
>
> The Extras Devel repository didn't work (404 not found errors) after I
> reenabled it, until I changed the Distribution field to "fremantle" (it
> was blank before).
>
> AFAICS everything else works fine.

Did the same. It went rather well, but curiously when the device decided
to reboot by itself, when showing the blue-on-white Nokia logo, there
was also a sentence like "Device malfunction, will stop in 10s" in green
letters.

I re-powered it on and it seems it's all OK now.
Battery life hasn't improved much, it seems.

	Xav