RE: keep things in sync

Hi,

>Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 16:39:22 +0200
>From: Boris <boris@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: keep things in sync
>To: "maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx" <maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>Hej all,
>

>first let me introduce: I'm Boris from Kiel, Germany, using Debian Linux
>since Potato or so, getting a N900 in some days. With that in my hands
>I'm going to have a lot of questions and hopefully find help in here!
>
>Here is my first issue:
>I was suffering years from having no good solution for synchronizing the
>productive databases on my mobile device (last one was/is a Palm Treo 650).
>On my Desktop, I'm using the Mozilla-stuff a lot as my central database
>for adresses (Thunderbird or Icedove), dates (Lightning or Iceowl) and
>surfing (bookmarks) (Firefox or Iceweasel). Now the question: How should
>I try to get those things synchronized with my N900. Futhermore the
>ToDo-List should be in sync, too! I think there will be solutions from
>Mozilla, but there might be a N900-way?

If you are willing to do the synchronizations (or N900 and your PC or some service) from command line there are valid options.

Maemo PC Connectivity provides infrastructure how you can connect your N8x0 or N900 device with your PC or other services with standard IP network. After that you can use all standard Linux tools that run on Maemo devices including synchronization tools like rsync.

See more details from here :
http://maemo.org/news/announcements/maemo_pc_connectivity_2nd_edition_final_released/

Cheers,
//Jarmo