RE: cannot access samba shares

I kind of depends on what you want to do.  If you want to access files from
a linux box sshfs is a much nicer option.  I've been trying to get sshd
running under cygwin for Windows boxes, but without much luck.

UPnP works nicely if you want to share media files and access them from
either the File manager or the media player, but I don't know any way to
access other files using UPnP, or accessing them other ways, such as from a
terminal window, or being able to do things other than play the files.  And
even the media access isn't all that reliable.

Aldon