Re: Gtalk call doesnt work on 3/3.5 G Network

It may be your carrier.  I notice that on AT&T, Skype will not connect, but it will when I am using wifi.  What is weird is that using the exact same SIM in a Symbian phone, I can connect to Skype using Nimbuzz, although that is probably proxied through their own servers.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 04:38:46AM +0000, khalid.reach@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> Do anyone facing problem using N900 to make calls via gtalk on 3G or 3.5G network .I am using Data Package when i call the online gtalk contact it connects but no voice from both side.
> Amazingly the gtalk call works on Wi-fi connections perfectly.I have set the network setting mode as Any Connections & tick marked Wi-fi connection when available is this causing any problem to call gtalk from 3G.
> Note: In UAE there is restrictions to use skype & other third party call services but still gtalk works on PC or N900 in Wi-fi.
> Thanks
> Khalid
> --
> Sent from my mobile computer using Nokia Messaging

In Vino Veritas
http://rubbernecking.info