Re: What is the risk to enable RD Mode in X Terminal on N900?

I already did install the USSD widget using  Application Manager but it is not working showing "error" when I "click to update" on the desktop USSD widget may be because of improper settings.

Can you please help me to guide step by step settings in the USSD widget avoiding to use X Terminal.

Thanks
--
Khalid Khan

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Andre Klapper <aklapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 21.04.2010, 14:48 +0400 schrieb khalid khan:
> I found this link
> " http://lovemynokia.com/how-to-check-credit-and-other-details-in-nokia-n900-with-a-touch-of-a-widget " which has given all the information to install & use USSD Widget on Nokia N900 which is quite impressive.

Why don't you use Application Manager to install USSD widget, instead of
using X terminal?

> But when i tried the first step in X Terminal by entering sudo
> gainroot it shows " Enable RD mode if you want to break your device "

Installing rootsh from Extras makes more sense IMO.

> what does it mean? Is enabling the RD mode dangerous to usual
> functions of N900 operations or does it makes device out of warranty

Maybe negative results fo using R&D should be listed on
http://wiki.maemo.org/R&D_mode .
But as written before: You don't need it.

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)