Feature Request / Feedback for a my project

Hi I am very happy with my N900 and Maemo as it's operating system. But a couple of things I am unhappy with. Some of them rather minor others are bigger. I am writing these down in the hopes that some can be fixed by the community and also I would like some feedback on how important those features are to the rest of the world since I am having some time this summer and would like to get my hands dirty with a project. Or maybe some of them already exist and I just haven't found them.

#1 A better profile manager
I would like to see a better profile manager that can interact with my IM accounts, has some powersaving options, wireless roaming and simply more features. Maybe some of you can add your ideas here.

#2 Date selection in the calendar
I noticed that when selecting a date I don't get information what weekday this is. I most of the time don't know the date but the day and so I think when selecting a date in the calendar it should show the weekday.

#3 Unmerging/Merging of contacts
#3.1 Add an unmerge option. It's not very nice if you merged the wrong accounts and cannot unmerge them. #3.2 My contacts unmerge. I am uncertain if this is a bug related to Mail for Exchange or to the IM account managment. What I do know is that every time I sync my contacts I end up with unmerged contacts. I already set my device to have priority on conflicts but still no change. This really needs fixing in my opinion.

These are the things that bug me the most.
Alexander