Re: N900: Calibrating the accelerometers?

unter Ohrner wrote:
> Is there any way to calibrate the N900's accelerometers?

I would like to know it, too...
> I need to signifiantly tilt the device such that the "Level Meter"
> application shows "horizontal" positioning, and the same holds for
> this nice XEyes widget and the labyrinth balls game.

Is there really noone who knows how to calibrate the sensors?

If you put your device on a levelled surface, do the sensors correctly
reflect its position, or is there a significant deviation / error as
with my device? (A good indicator is the XEyes desktop widget.)
When my accelerometer is working (it gets stuck every time the N900 runs out of battery and is recharged) and I place it on a flat table, AccDisplay shows:

X: 0.02
Z: -0.95
Y: 0.02

I could find any position where all variables become close to 0. Anyway, I don't know yet how it works. I guess the variables might be related to the current angle on that axis, but the angle is expressed from -1.00 to 1.00.

Since it is called an "accelerometer", isn't it supposed to tell the current acceleration in any axis? Or it is so but this program just calculates everything and exposes only the current rotation ?

Cheers,
Luis