Re: N900: eMail: Filtering / configuring folder list

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Oleg Hahm <oleg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Am Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:40:42AM +0100 schrieb Sergio Villar Senin:
>> What you could do is to use another email client to unsubscribe from the
>> folders you don't normally use, I'm pretty sure that you don't even
>> normally check 10% of them.
>
> I don't think this would help. So far as I am aware Modest (N900s default mail
> client) simply ignores folder subscriptions. But I think that I have recently
> seen a ticket in the bug tracker concerning this issue to be improved in
> upcoming releases.

For me it honors folder subscriptions (but they must be managed in
another client since Modest has no subscription-management
functionality) but it may depend on specific mail servers or versions.

The real down-side is if you hide them in Modest you hide them in your
other clients too, which for most people is not what they want.