Folder visibility in integrated file manager

Hi!

I just got my new, shiny N900 and updated it to firmware release Maemo 5
3.2010.02-8.

I attached my N900 via USB and copied some files / folders to it.
The N900's internal file manager only shows a random subset of these
folders. I read the manual but found no indication as of which files /
folders it displays and which it doesn't.

For example, I created a folder called "musik" (all lower-case ASCII
letters). This folder did not show up in the file manager, however its
contents were indexed by the media player. I opened an X-terminal,
renamed this folder to "Musik2" ("mv musik Musik2") and back to "musik"
("mv Musik2 musik") and afterwards it was visible in the file manager.

Where can I find or who can give me an explanation of this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

  Gunter