Re: 3G dongle connected to N900?

On Monday 08 March 2010 15:17:23 Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > So basically the Euro spec forbids host mode on phones.
>
> No, that is a myth. The facts are:
[useful info about the MoU removed]

Unfortunately commercial considerations mean that any phone which does not
support micro USB charging, without some extra dongle to carry around, will
suffer in the marketplace.  The MoU is a way to get around anti-trust issues
and allow the manufacturers to offer what the users want: everything charging
from the same charger.

If micro USB charging really does conflict with host mode then we won't see
host mode on any device: it is as simple as that.  Does anyone else have any
info on whether host mode can be supported along with microUSB charging?

Graham