Re: Getting started with a 770, tips?

2010/2/23 chombee <chombee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I flashed the 770 with OS2007HE and am pretty happy with the result.
Everything seems to work better, run faster and crash less. I'm pretty
sure the OS2006 it came with had corrupted the file system and memory
card (which I reformatted in OS2007).

I'm happily running my 770 with OS2006. Everything works fine.

There are a couple of problems.

That's possibly because of OS2007HE...

1. The device occasionally reboots itself suddenly without warning. I've
no idea why. The sounds usually stop for a few seconds first but the
device continues responding as normal, then it reboots. There's no
obvious logs or anything left behind. I'd like to get to the bottom of
this. Any suggestions where I might look?

I have no idea. Silly suggestion: lack of memory?

The PDF reader looks alright but there's no way to turn pages in
fullscreen mode, and if you reopen a PDF it starts from page 1 and
there's not way to get back to where you left off. I guess it's just for
viewing PDFs, not really an ebook reader. I might try out FBReader as an
ebook reader on it, it supports more formats than just PDF too. But I'm
tempted to run a text mode ebook reader (even just less) in a screen
session on my server.

Yes, it can turn pages in fullscreen mode :-P

--
Salut,
Sebas.

Academia-Online.ORG